[ovirt-devel] Moving configuration files to separate directory

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 08:22:43 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

[...]
> we could structure the directory to a corresponding subfolders over
> the system:
[...]
> There is little downside to the second approach, that is more code is
> added to VDSM in a sense that more makefiles will have to exist. On
> the other hand, we can drop all the renaming and have the files named
> as they would be named on their destination after install.
> Opinions?

I have a little preference for the second option. I don't mind that much about makefile
proliferation because I still dream of switching to not-recursive build someday. [1][2][3]

[1] https://autotools.io/automake/nonrecursive.html
[2] I don't claim I am an autotools expert, I just find this idea *very* appealing from my
    developer-kinda-scared-by-autotools-I-touch-them-only-if-I-need-to PoV
[3] Also not 100% sure this will improve things *for us*, but worth a serious shot.

Bests,

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D