[ovirt-devel] possible bug in libgovirt or oVirt 4.0.2

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 03:31:03 UTC 2016

Hello,

I just tested oVirt 4.0.2 with Opaque, and when I try to make the
following call:

    ovirt_vm_start(vm, proxy, &error);

I get an error->message: "Could not find 'state' node".

Further on, when I attempt to make a call to:

    ovirt_vm_get_ticket(vm, proxy, &error)

I get the same error message "Could not find 'state' node".

Indeed, on oVirt 4.0.2, when I browse to:
    https://livecd.localdomain/ovirt-engine/api/vms/VM_ID_HERE

I see no "state" node, only "<status>up</status>"

On the other hand, when I browse to the same part of the API on oVirt
3.4, I see:

Seems to me the API changed but the libgovirt, the client C library did not.

I hope you can correct this soon, and thanks in advance!

Cheers,
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.