[ovirt-devel] Vdsm tests are 4X times faster on travis

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Sun Dec 4 21:56:01 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:
>> To debug this we need to get a shell on a jenkins slave with the exact
>> environment of
>> a running job.
>
> Perhaps try to check if this reproduces with mock_runner.sh.
>
> You can try running with with something like:
>
> JENKINS=<where you cloned jenkins repo>
> cd <vdsm sources>
> $JENKINS/mock_configs/mock_runner.sh --patch-only \
>   --mock-confs-dir $JENKINS/mock_configs "fc24.*x86_64"

I could reproduce this issue locally.

Turns out that it was faulty test timeout code in vdsm test runner. We did not
terminate a sleep child process when the tests finished, and mock was waiting
until the sleep child process terminated.

This patch should fix the issue:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/67799

Here are successful builds:
- http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_check-patch-fc24-x86_64/5765/console
- http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_check-patch-el7-x86_64/4155/console

Note that these builds include also make rpm and install check, since the patch
changed a makefile. This takes about 2 minutes but most patches do not trigger
this check.

Nir