[ovirt-devel] [RFE] treat local NFS storage as localfs

Michal Skrivanek mskrivan at redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 16:05:31 UTC 2016

> On 22 Dec 2016, at 16:12, Pavel Gashev <Pax at acronis.com> wrote:
>
> Michal,
>
> VMs with attached devices are bound to host. When I use NFS I can
> migrate my VM and disks to another host.

Sure, it’s the usual speed/flexibility tradeoff
with local nfs and migration you don’t get much performance

Nothing is preventing you to set up the nfs server on one of the hosts and add it to oVirt, or perhaps gluster as Yaniv mentioned.

For both speed and flexibility, we will one day have passthrough with migration support….just not yet:)

Thanks,
michal