[ovirt-devel] Check-merged is broken since we added network test to it

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Dec 23 10:45:52 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Yaniv Bronheim <ybronhei at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Leon Goldberg <lgoldber at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Doesn't seem related; the patch does nothing but move pieces around.
>>
>> Judging by the title I guess you're referring to
>> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/67787/ ?
>>

> no.. you can see that after this patch it used to work (check the jobs
> after the merge)
> so  something in  https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/68078/ broke it

"post hoc ergo propter hoc" is a fallacy.

We had a horrible week CI-wise; check-merged keept failing due to
"Groovy thread" exception which is an internal Jenkins thingy. Now
that's over, but a recent test failed on

http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_check-merged-el7-x86_64/778/console

11:55:54 RuntimeError: Failed to run reposync 3 times for repoid:
ovirt-master-snapshot-static-el7, aborting.

It is wrong to pick up on the first patch that happened to see the
"Groovy thread" exception.

Regards,
Dan.