[ovirt-devel] Check-merged is broken since we added network test to it

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Fri Dec 23 15:06:51 UTC 2016

> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_check-merged-el7-x86_64/778/console
>
> 11:55:54 RuntimeError: Failed to run reposync 3 times for repoid:
> ovirt-master-snapshot-static-el7, aborting.
>
> It is wrong to pick up on the first patch that happened to see the
> "Groovy thread" exception.

It is not wrong when we know all the reasons for the other failures
and can eliminate them like here:

http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_check-merged-el7-x86_64/777/

And while we do see one of the VDSM tests fail there I hardly think it
is the reason behind the later slave disconnection.

The reposync error you are quoting is the result of a package file
being updated without updating the version or revision number. This
effectively poisoned all our local YUM caches and prevented all jobs
running Lago from doing anything interesting during Thursday until I
managed to clean all the failed caches. Then again jobs that fail
there do not cause the slave disconnection so I made no point of
citing them here.

We (the CI team) do our best to eliminate false negatives in the
system, please do not take the easy path of pointing out to those
false negatives every time we reach out to you. Give us the benefit of
the doubt of believing we were diligent enough to eliminate such
issues before approaching you.

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com