[ovirt-devel] NGN - Network error when adding a new NGN node

Yaniv Bronheim ybronhei at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 14:10:33 UTC 2016

I suspect that it relates to the desire to remove the dependency in
vdsm-cli - https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/53831/ which is not merged yet. and
Fabian created the iso without vdsm-cli so the deploy failed in the middle.
after it failed it couldn't recover even when vdsm-cli was installed.
sounds reasonable?

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Dan Kenigsberg <danken at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 08:16:45AM -0500, Eli Mesika wrote:
> > Hi Guys
> >
> > I am working on NGN
> > I had installed a ovirt-node from ISO, it (by mistake) did not include
> the vdsm-cli package, so host-deploy failed on that
> > Fabian asked me to install vdsm-cli manually using :
> >
> > yum --enablerepo=ovirt* install vdsm-cli
> >
> > In that time the host was installed but did not came up having
> networking issues (see attached logs)
> >
> > Fabian thinks that this is regression in VDSM, he said that same method
> was tested 2 weeks ago with no problems
>
> Let's see {super,vdsm}.log, then and the exact vdsm version involved.

*Yaniv Bronhaim.*