[ovirt-devel] No more "vds group" in master code , instead please use "cluster"

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 23:00:50 UTC 2016

Hi

I have merged today this patch[1] to master.

The code from historical reasons uses both "vds group" and "cluster" for a cluster entity.
This makes the code not-clear, non-readable and hard for beginners (to find for example SPs that handle clusters , or all code related to a cluster operation)
This also makes our logging and error messages using sometimes "vds group" and sometimes "cluster" to relate to the same entity.
Worse than that, new code written sometimes introduce a mix of both terms.

Patch[1] renames "vds group" to cluster all over the code.
This renaming covers all engine code including
  Class names
  Variables
  Comments
  Logging
  Error messages
  Database tables,views, columns and SPs including all kinds of keys and constrains

Please do not use from now on the term "vds group" (all its variants (VdsGroup, vdsGroup, vds_group etc.)
Instead , cluster and all its variants should be used

If you have some written code that is not merged yet, you will probably have a little work on rebase on top this patch, as far as I know those  should be trivial patches and if you have any question, please ask.

Possible affects on other products are minor and were communicated to the relevant product people.

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/51109/

Thanks
Eli Mesika