[ovirt-devel] DRBD Integration with oVirt

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Sun Jun 5 05:40:43 UTC 2016

> We are looking for advice on how best to have oVirt communicate with DRBD
> Manage and we have come to two options:

My vote would be for native support rather then a Cinder based one. I
don't have any hard numbers, but it seems to me the adoption of
OpenStack technologies for use with oVirt is not as widespread as one
may hope.

But what sort of user experience and system architecture is intended?
Is configuration of volumes planned to be done directly from the oVirt
UI?
While oVirt can do a little Gluster volume management for now, it
seems it was done because it some point it was thought that oVirt
would be the primary management UI for Gluster. AFAIK Gluster is now
getting its own UI.
As far as using DRBD for backing oVirt VMs, this seems to already be
working. The oVirt CI system (which runs on top of oVirt) had been
using a DRBD-backed NFS storage for years...

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com
RHEV-CI Team