[ovirt-devel] Killing XMLRPC on master

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 16:22:44 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Martin Sivak <msivak at redhat.com> wrote:
>> 1. Mom is still using xmlrpc
>>
>> Mom must move to jsonrpc.
>> Martin: can you update on progress of this work?
>
> We would like to avoid going through VDSM completely, except from the
> broker part. Is it possible now to "parasitically" listen to vdsm
> events and engine commands without having to go through VDSM API?

Sounds like a good plan.

Piotr, how far are we from letting mom listen to engine queue so it get engine
events/responses for certain verbs?

> You can drop XML RPC,. vdsm does not depend on MOM working anymore.
> Just the balloon and ksm stats will be missing from data that are
> being sent to the engine.

Balloon and ksm stats are sent today from mom to vdsm, and reported by
vdsm to engine?

If vdsm is only a middleman  and does not use this info, best to send
it directly
to engine via the stomp broker part of vdsm.

Piotr, how far are we from having engine listening for mom events using the
vdsm broker?

> There also were some issues with eventfd in the json library, I assume
> those are fixed now.

They should be fixed here:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/57942

But suffering from these issue show that the api was not use properly,
you should create one client and reuse it for the entire life of the
application.

Nir