[ovirt-devel] oVirt 4.0 and fedora support

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 07:31:59 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> oVirt 4.0 should be released real soon now, and also Fedora 24.
>
> Currently, there are several different issues with oVirt on fedora 23,
> both on engine side and on hosts.
>
> We currently intend to release 4.0 without official support for
> fedora, and hope to manage to stabilize things enough after Fedora 24
> is out, so that oVirt 4.0.1 will support it.
>
> Comments are welcome.

​I'd say that we should ask our users​

​if there's demand for Fedora support. I know that developers are using
Fedora so we need to provide packages like otopi, ovirt-host-deploy, ...
for them be able to develop oVirt on Fedora. But is there really any user
that uses Fedora on engine/hosts in production?

Martin