[ovirt-devel] [TIPS] How to get your package released in oVirt

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 09:16:59 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Martin Sivak <msivak at redhat.com> wrote:
>> - you as packager / maintainer should add your build to the release
>> configuration file[1] or send an email with the link to your builds to the
>> person handling the release
>
> Is there a way to automate this? Like giving you the URL of the
> release repository in COPR and using whatever latest package you find
> there?

Perhaps it works now as-is, need to see how repoman handles your specific link.

But do we really want this? Don't you think we should have a place saying
"In release X.Y.Z, we used packages from the following locations", and have
stable "following locations" that can be reviewed retroactively if needed?

> Martin
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:44 AM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> since it seems not clear how to get your package included in a oVirt
>> release, here's the procedure:
>> - a new build planned is communicated to devel at ovirt.org from release
>> engineering team
>> - you as package maintainer should prepare your package to be released with
>> desired version (configure.ac, spec, whatever)
>> - you as packager should build your package in jenkins / koji / copr /
>> whatever you use to build
>> - you as packager / maintainer should add your build to the release
>> configuration file[1] or send an email with the link to your builds to the
>> person handling the release
>> - if you correctly add your package to conf files, you'll have your package
>> released and release notes updated.
>>
>> [1] like in https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/project:releng-tools+topic:releases
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Sandro Bonazzola
>> Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
>> See how it works at redhat.com

Didi