[ovirt-devel] Multiple versions used in oVirt JAVA libraries

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 07:24:57 UTC 2016

On 06/28/2016 08:42 PM, Eyal Edri wrote:
> Hi,
> Using the latest tool we deployed to finding various issues in oVirt,. I
> found one of the reports were on multiple occurances of the same library
> but using different versions, can someone verify if this is true and if
> we need to align all to use the same version?

Most probably this isn't true. The tool is probably analysing the
dependencies using the Maven POM files for that. As a result it will
find that we require different versions of things because of the
transitive dependencies. But during runtime we use JBoss modules as our
class loading mechanism, and that strictly controls what libraries are
used, and we don't currently have two versions of the same module in any
case. Note however, that JBoss modules supports having multiple versions
of the same module, and doing that is justified and needed in some
cases, but we don't do it currently.

I checked the below libraries specifically, and I believe that there is
no duplication in our case.

> LibraryTypeDescription
>
> commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
> Multiple Library Versions
> Version 1.2 is being used in project engine-server-ear
>
> xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar
> Multiple Library Versions
> Version 1.3.04 is being used in project restapi-jaxrs
>
> commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
> Multiple Library Versions
> Version 1.2 is being used in project engine-server-ear
>
> commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
> Multiple Library Versions
> Version 1.8.2 is being used in project interface-common-jaxrs
>
> commons-beanutils-core-1.8.0.jar
> Multiple Library Versions
> Version 1.8.3 is being used in project ovirt-checkstyle-extension
>
> jboss-logging-3.1.1.GA.jar
> Multiple Library Versions
> Version 3.1.4.GA <http://3.1.4.GA> is being used in project
> interface-common-jaxrs
>
> jackson-jaxrs-1.9.4.jar
> Multiple Library Versions
> Version 1.9.9 is being used in project restapi-jaxrs
>
> jboss-logging-3.1.2.GA.jar
> Multiple Library Versions
> Version 3.1.4.GA <http://3.1.4.GA> is being used in project
> interface-common-jaxrs
>
> jaxrs-api-2.1.0.GA.jar
> Multiple Library Versions
> Version 2.3.2.Final is being used in project engine-server-ear
>

> --
> Eyal Edri
> Associate Manager
> RHEV DevOps
> EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
> Red Hat Israel
>
> phone: +972-9-7692018
> irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain