[ovirt-devel] Cockpit port open by default after adding host

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 11:46:59 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Piotr Kliczewski
<piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 2:43 PM, Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Piotr Kliczewski
>> <piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Fabian,
>>>
>>> When ovirtnode is installed firewall should not be configured.
>>> Please see InstallVdsInternalCommand#installHost():
>>>
>>>                     case oVirtNode:
>>>                         log.warn(
>>>                             "Installation of Host {} will ignore
>>> Firewall Override option, since it is not supported for Host type {}",
>>>                             getVds().getName(),
>>>                             getVds().getVdsType().name()
>>>                         );
>>>
>>> It looks like it could be a bug that we attempt to reconfigure
>>> firewall when we should not.
>>
>> Please note that the Node Next images do not identify themselfs as
>> Node, they look like regular CentOS to Engine/host-deploy - and it
>> should configure the host as it would configure a normal CentOS.
>>
>> But still - how can we ask host-deploy/engine to open a specific port
>> during deployment?
>>

> I think this [1] BZ will give you info how to customize it.
>
> [1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1111513

Thanks Piotr.

I don't see a way with this feature how we can declarative open  the
cockpit port by default on Node.

The idea is that we run some command during build or drop a file
during image bbuild to open the cockpit port by default.
We do this right now and it works for firewalld. But as host-deploy is
disabling firewalld this is not effective anymore. So we need a way to
get host-deploy to open this port when it starts to manage a host.

- fabian