[ovirt-devel] Type verification for vdsm

Piotr Kliczewski piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:37:04 UTC 2016

All,

I am working on converting our vdsm schema to yaml. As part of this
work [1] I added type verification for request and response data.
There was a suggestion to raise an exception when there is type
inconsistency but after a bit of testing I can see that there are
inconsistencies for many verbs.

I introduced strict mode config value which switches between raising
exception and logging a warning. At the moment we log inconsistencies
but there is a plan to be strict for master and log for stable
branches.

I would like to ask each vertical representative/maintainer to review
the code and fix any inconsistencies in the schema.

Thanks,
Piotr

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/53919