[ovirt-devel] Engine High Availability

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 21:57:49 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Sunny Shin <sunny4s.git at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yaniv,
>
> Could you a little bit more elaborate what you are working on for engine
> scailability? I thought that active-active ha is the only way for that.

Active Active is useful for both HA (where we believe hosted-engine is a
good solution) as well as scalability. If we improve the current
scalability, then we are good there too.
I've given several items below - it'd be difficult to enumerate all of them
- I suggest going through the gerrit commits in the last 2 months or so and
look at some of the work that has taken and is taking place, across all
areas of the product. Few random examples:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/36593/
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/51235/

Is there anything specifically you are looking for?