[ovirt-devel] Access to memory snapshots?

Arik Hadas ahadas at redhat.com
Thu Mar 17 11:59:53 UTC 2016

Hi Matt,

When creating a snapshot with memory, 2 additional images are created:
1. for the VM configuration/metadata
2. for the memory dump

In oVirt 3.6 and below you'll notice a field called memory_vol_handle in the snapshots table that points to these images. It is of the follow format:
<storage_domain_id>,<storage_pool_id>,<memory_dump_disk_id>,<memory_dump_volume_id>,<memory_conf_disk_id>,<memory_conf_volume_id>

In master branch, you'll find two fields in the snapshots table called memory_dump_disk_id and memory_metadata_disk_id that contain the disk IDs.
We plan to remove the memory_vol_handle field from the snapshots table soon, so please do not rely on it.

Regards,
Arik