[ovirt-devel] [VDSM] Strange build requirements added lately

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Thu May 12 11:23:50 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Nir Soffer <nsoffer at redhat.com> wrote:

> I sent a patch for the vdsm developers page, please reveiw:
> https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-site/pull/238

> >> And it is indeed there
> >>

> http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.6/rpm/fc22/noarch/mom-0.5.3-1.fc22.noarch.rpm
> >
> > Thanks, I was looking in the ovirt-4.* repos
> >
> > Sandro, why the ovirt-4.* repos do not keep this version?
> >
> > I assumed that installing
> > http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/
> ​​
> ovirt-release-master.rpm
> <http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release-master.rpm>

​
F22 is not supported for master (4.0), because F22 will be retired before
oVirt 4.0 GA. oVirt 4.0 will be supported (for now) only on F23/EL7.

If you plan to develop 4.0 on F22, it's possible, but you need to manually
edit repository ovirt-master-snapshot.repo provided by
ovirt-release-master.rpm and use F23 packages on F22.
​