[ovirt-devel] [ACTION REQUIRED] OpenVSwitch configuration changes

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 10:21:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 10:23:29AM +0200, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Yaniv Dary <ydary at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > We will not be support installation for OSP. This is not part of the
> > supported feature we added in 4.0.
> > We will not be testing this or making fixes. We can accept patches and
> > help with review, but it will be a upstream driven effort and needs to be
> > backwords compatible.
> >

> Not sure to understand here. Aren't we supporting openvswitch?

1. We would support openvswitch natively (currently not even in tech
preview).

2. We already support Neutron with openvswitch pluging.

We have code for automatically installing and configuring hosts for
usage by [2], but we do not support it nor test it, simply because
chasing after neutron configurables exceeds our capacity.

Nonetheless, we love upstream patches like the
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/63707/1/src/ovirt_host_deploy/constants.py
coming out of the core development and QE teams.