[ovirt-devel] Upgrade storage domains' version to V4 for 4.1 DCs

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 06:40:13 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Maor Lipchuk <mlipchuk at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Few moments ago I've merged the Data Center 4.1 upgrade patches (see [1])
> The patches introduce a change in the storage domains' meta data to
> version 4 which are attached to a 4.1 Data Center
>
> Currently, there are no differences between version 3 and version 4, but
> the plan will be to add extra functionalities to V4 storage domains such as
> supporting qcow 1.1

It'd be great if we can document in ovirt.org somewhere what features are
going to be available in 4.1 DC.
I'm aware of qcow2v3, libgfapi, copy via HSM and discard. io=native
everywhere is a EL7.3 feature, could be coupled with the DC level - not
sure.
I hope we can also increase the lease metadata space, but that's possibly
not a 4.1 goal.
Y.