[ovirt-devel] Gluster/virt ports clarifications.

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Mon Apr 3 14:51:36 UTC 2017

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Leon Goldberg <lgoldber at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> We're gathering information regarding the ports we open as part of the
> firewalld migration research.
>
> We have most of the current ports covered by either firewalld itself or by
> 3rd party packages, however some questions remain unanswered:
>

> IPTablesConfigForVirt:
>
> - serial consoles (tcp/2223): Is this required? can't find a single
> reference to a listening entity. Either way, I couldn't find a relevant
> service that provides it.
>

> IPTablesConfigForGluster:
>
> - Gluster swift (tcp/8080): Doesn't appear in Gluster's firewalld service.
> Should be added to Gluster's firewalld service?

This is required when gluster-swift service is running on the hosts.
gluster-swift is no longer installed as part of glusterfs-server
installation, so this can be removed.

> - tcp/39543 and tcp/55863, appear under "status". Couldn't find a relevant
> service that provides them. Should be added? (and if so, where?)

The https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_gluste
r_storage/3.2/html/installation_guide/port_information mentions these as
needed by oVirt. Could be legacy? These can be removed if oVirt no longer
uses these ports

> - nlockmgr (tcp/38468, udp/963, tcp/965): tcp/38468 appears in gluster's
> service. Couldn't find a relevant service that provides the other two.
> Should be added? (and if so, where?)

These are needed by NFS LockManager, and needed when gluster nfs access is
enabled on gluster volume

> - ctdbd (tcp/4379): Couldn't find a relevant service that provides this.
> Should be added? (and if so, where?)

These are needed to access gluster volume using SMB. CTDB service uses this
port