[ovirt-devel] ovirt-engine version problem

shubham dubey sdubey504 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 09:34:08 UTC 2017

Hello,
Recently I have installed ovirt-engine development environment. The
snapshot repository I have used
is ovirt-release-master.
Now I have installed vdsm in ovirt host with ovirt-release41, so when I am
trying to add the host it is
showing that ovirt node support cluster version 3.9,4.0 and 4.1 but 4.2 is
available.
So I have decided to installed ovirt engine with ovirt-engine41 repository.
The steps I follow are :-
1) yum remove ovirt-release-master.noarch
2) yum install ovirt-release41.noarch
3) delete $HOME/ovirt-engine and $HOME/git/ovirt-engine
4) git clone ovirt-engine again
5) make install-dev PREFIX=$HOME/ovirt-engine

The compiling ends successfully but the $HOME/ovirt-engine directory is
coming out empty.
So $HOME/ovirt-engine/bin/engine-setup is giving error that NO file or
directory found.
So can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Note:One more thing I have noticed is that even after changing repo to
ovirt 4.1 the make is still compiling ovirt 4.2 snapshot.

Thanks,
Shubham