[ovirt-devel] ovirt-engine version problem

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Wed Apr 12 16:47:35 UTC 2017

For pretty much any open source project, you can install previous versions
by checking out "tags". That's one very important reason why we tag things.

greg at greg-x1:~/projects/ovirt-engine(master|✔) $ git checkout
ovirt-engine-4.0.7
Note: checking out 'ovirt-engine-4.0.7'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

  git checkout -b <new-branch-name>

HEAD is now at e00e36d... build: ovirt-engine-4.0.7

greg at greg-x1:~/projects/ovirt-engine(:e00e36d|✔) $ make clean install-dev
PREFIX=$HOME/ovirt-engine

Greg Sheremeta, MBA
Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.