[ovirt-devel] Feedback from oVirt community survey

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Apr 14 08:44:41 UTC 2017

Hi,
from oVirt survey, here are the suggestion from community:

- I want oVirt built reporting for hosts and VMs performance analyze

- Please add some more fancy icons to the Engine. Also, if possible add
icons to the menus when you click with right button. Helps A LOT with User
Experience.

- Improve where there options are to make easy to find them. Two examples:
a Storage Migration option (not only a Live Migration) in the main VM menu
and an easier way to manage Snapshots as for example revert back to
previous snapshot when something goes wrong within the Guest.

- I think the project need some more enterprise features like:
  - performance monitoring
  - alerting
  - more robust import/export tools from other enterprise virtualization
solutions
  - direct Ceph support.
  - The killer feature can be SDN like VMware NSX

- I use a lot of scripts based on ovirtsdk3 and ovirtshell and It's a
matter that there is no adaptation of the CLI to sdk4

- Need a stable backup implementation

- Node cannot have shared storage and local storage on one host.

- Please improve ceph support

--

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>