[ovirt-devel] [Vdsm] silence existing pylint errors

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Apr 21 10:28:03 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Nir Soffer <nsoffer at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:19 AM Dan Kenigsberg <danken at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> As we all know, Python is dynamically typed, which requires good
>> coverage by unit tests.
>>
>> As we all know, Vdsm unit tests' coverage is not good.
>>
>> We need all the help we can get in order to avoid typos leading to
>> bugs. Nir's `make pylint-diff` would give some.
>

> We can take this patch now, since it does not break the build on errors.
>
> It is useful as is so people can run make pylint locally and fix their
> errors.
>

>> In order to have it
>> merged, I have posted
>>
>> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm+branch:master+topic:pylint+owner:danken
>> to silence existing pylint errors. I hope I did not silence any
>> serious ones; please review this topic as soon as possible.
>

> Thanks for this great work!
>
> I think the last patch is too big, and there are some storage issues that we
> can fix
> now. Can you split by vertical? I would like to take over the the storage
> part.

Please do. Particularly, please look at the true error introduced by
I8e9bde2a0ad899ae56a18b4c7d6b405360d295f2 (there are two calls to
_deleteImage missing the new discard value).

I hope Piotr and Francesco can take over theirs, as the time I had to
invest in this is basically up (hence the gobbling of assorted fixes
in one ugly patch).