[ovirt-devel] [proposal] deprecate VDSM ping in favor of ping2 and confirmConnectivity

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Mon Aug 7 14:26:34 UTC 2017

Still someone could call conirmConnectivity, no? so the state isn't guarded
from localhost tinkering anyhow. If you really need a solution you can
acuire a token for this operation by setupNetworks, and confirm
connectivity with this token passed back.

I'm not sure about the severity of the problem here, I'll let other reply,
but I'm against this kind of solution.