[ovirt-devel] OST: A good way to test cluster compatibility version upgrade?

Daniel Belenky dbelenky at redhat.com
Mon Aug 7 15:31:52 UTC 2017

As Barak said, I think it's a good idea to try and extend the current
upgrade suites.
As the upgrade suites are already running in parallel (on different hosts)
with the basic_suite (and currently the upgrade suite is much faster than
the basic suite),  we might end up with the same run time as the basic
suite, which eventually won't increase the total time of change queue's
tests.

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 7 August 2017 at 18:00, Milan Zamazal <mzamazal at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > We could also make a separate test suite for that test, but is it
> > desirable and would anybody run it regularly?
> >
> > So what do you recommend as a good way to test cluster compatibility
> > version upgrades?
>
> Maybe we could add this to the upgrade suits? They are currently only
> running engine, but I guess hosts could be added and the suits could
> be expanded to cover the entire upgrade process and not just engine's.
>
> The upgrade suits are already getting run automatically by the change
> queue alongside the basic suit.
>
> --
> Barak Korren
> RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi
> Red Hat EMEA
> redhat.com | TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. | redhat.com/trusted

DANIEL BELENKY

RHV DEVOPS

EMEA VIRTUALIZATION R&D
<https://red.ht/sig>