[ovirt-devel] Backend Debug

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Mon Aug 14 12:19:57 UTC 2017

When you start engine (backend) after a dev install, it's already listening
for remote debug connections on 8787:

ovirt-engine[8879] INFO _detectJBossVersion:187 Detecting JBoss version.
Running: /usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin/java ['ovirt-engine-version',
<snip>

Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8787

So, just do a remote debug session using your favorite IDE. I use Eclipse:

>From Eclipse, Run > Debug Configurations, Remote Java, New (use the project
you want to debug)
Change the port to 8787, and Debug.
Window > Perspective > Open > Debug and you can see you are now attached.

screens: http://imgur.com/a/i0Qbe

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 3:58 AM, 劉芳 <fangng9 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>         Recently, I am using ovirt.
>         The frontend module can be single step debugging according to the
> DebugFronten document. As fallow:https://www.ovirt.org/
> develop/developer-guide/debugfrontend/
>          Are there debugging methods that can be used for single step
> debugging of the backend?

Greg Sheremeta, MBA
Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.