[ovirt-devel] [proposal] deprecate VDSM ping in favor of ping2 and confirmConnectivity

Piotr Kliczewski piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 09:08:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Roy Golan <rgolan at redhat.com> wrote:
> This is for 4.1 https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/78916/ , track that, it should
> be in.

Irit's work is about providing reconnect logic which was not
implemented till now.

I think that introducing ping2 won't solve the issue for all our
cases. As Martin
mentioned we already have HE and mom calling 'ping' (both local).

When introducing fix for this issue we need to consider backward compatibility
for setupNetworks, HE and mom.