[ovirt-devel] Host firewalld support patches merged

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 08:45:37 UTC 2017

Simone, Sahina, Ido, please be aware of this change. Let's ensure Hosted
Engine and gdeploy continue to work.

> Hi,
>
> we have just merged patches [1], which adds the ability to use firewalld
> instead of iptables on oVirt hosts.
>
> The type of firewall can be defined per cluster, there is new combo box
> 'Firewall Type' in 'Cluster Detail' dialog. By default all new clusters
> will be created with firewalld enabled, existing clusters needs to be
> switched from iptables to firewalld manually and then invoke Reinstall on
> all hosts in a cluster. Be aware that firewalld can be enabled only for
> hosts with 4.2 capabilities (VDSM >= 4.20.0).
>
> Firewalld deployment is using Ansible role introduced in new
> ovirt-ansible-roles package [2], which executes ovirt-host-deploy role [3].
> ovirt-ansible-roles package is installed automatically if engine is
> installed from RPM, but for development environment installation please
> take a look at [4], because ovirt-ansible-roles needs to be installed
> manually into development environment prefix.
>
> Please let me or Ondra know if you find any issues.
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin
>

> [1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/78504
> [2] https://github.com/ovirt/ovirt-ansible
> [3] https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-ansible/blob/master/
> roles/ovirt-host-deploy/README.md
> [4] https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine/blob/master/
> README.adoc#host-deploy-via-ansible

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>