[ovirt-devel] 4.2.1 bugs

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Fri Dec 1 12:06:42 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 3:25 AM, Dan Kenigsberg <danken at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 3:18 AM, Greg Sheremeta <gshereme at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have some 4.2.1 bugs I want to start working on, but I don't want them
>> getting into 4.2.0 GA. What should I do?
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Greg
>>

> You can work on them all right, but until we have an rc branch, you should
> not have them merged.
> I believe that an rc branch would be created after rc1 is built (which is
> now delayed for the 4th day).

Ok, makes sense. But even after the rc is built and safe, there's always a
chance of us needing another rc before 4.2 GA. So isn't it the case that
nothing for 4.2.1 should be merged until the GA branch is created (if
there's such a thing, or is that the rc branch you refer to)?

I know this was discussed in a meeting, but I guess I'm a proponent of
branching 4.2 off master completely at this point. We (UX team) have some
4.3 items I think we could start on, too.

Leaving a bunch of patches sitting in gerrit introduces risks of them not
working when they all get rebased, and we're also missing out on OST.