[ovirt-devel] Adding s390 support to oVirt

Viktor Mihajlovski mihajlov at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Dec 14 10:24:27 UTC 2017

On 10.12.2017 10:10, Barak Korren wrote:
[...]
> An update for everyone woh may have been watching this thread - we made it work.
What a nice surprise after returning from a few days off. Big thanks to
both of you, Barak and Dan.

> With Dan's kind help we've attached an s390x VM to oVirt's CI
> infrastructure. I've then gone ahead and made some code changes to
> make our CI code play nice on it (So far we just assumed we own the
> execution slaves and can do what we want on them...). Following that
> I've gone ahead and added the basic configuration needed to make the
> oVirt CI system support s390x jobs.
>
> For now we only support using Fedora 26 on s390x. Please let me know
> if other distributions are desired.
Lately, I've been using Fedora 27 for the s390x porting, mostly because
the newer package levels of the key virtualization components. If
possible, Fedora 27 would be nice.

> The code changes I've made had already been tested and are now pending
> code review:
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/c/85219
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/c/85221
>
> Once those patches are merged it will become possible to add s390x
> jobs to any oVirt project by adding '390x' to the list of
> architectures targeted by the project in the JJB YAML, as well as
> setting the 'node_filter' to be 's390x' for that architecture.

Looking forward to see this merged. Once the s390x RPMs show up in the
repository, I will try to do a clean setup of a s390x cluster.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards
   Viktor Mihajlovski