[ovirt-devel] lago/OST on a VM

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 14:42:23 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 1:37 PM, Milan Zamazal <mzamazal at redhat.com> wrote:
> Martin Perina <mperina at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> More than a year or 2 ago I was able to run Lago inside a VM,
>
> I had used to run OST inside a VM even this year, but switched to bare
> metal to make it run a bit faster.  There were some problems with CPU
> configuration, but only on cluster initialization, not that soon.  I
> didn't run HE tests though.
>
>> but I had to copy host CPU completely into the VM.
>
> Yes, it's the very first thing to check.

Now pushed a simple patch to use Westmere cpu model:

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/85443

With it, it at least did not refuse to start - although it's only
in the beginning now, didn't yet start actual HE deploy or try to
start the engine vm.

Should I expect any significant issues with this patch?

--
Didi