[ovirt-devel] upgrade_check and upgrade API calls (v4)

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Mon Dec 25 15:21:22 UTC 2017

I'm trying to check if a certain host can be upgraded.
1. I'm calling it through the host_service, something like:

host_service = connection.system_service().hosts_service().host_service(
host.id)
is_upgrade = host_service.upgrade_check()

To my surprise, is_upgrade is None. I expected a Boolean.

2. In addition, when trying to upgrade via:
host_service.upgrade()

I'm getting Operation Failed - and it complains there are no upgrades
available.
Alas, in the UI it shows that upgrades available and upgrade does work
through the UI.

Am I misusing the functions?
(The host is a regular host, not ovirt-node btw).

TIA,
Y.