[ovirt-devel] [VDSM] Notification in vdsm client

Piotr Kliczewski piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 10:02:46 UTC 2017

All,

Some time ago during discussion we noticed that we are missing ability
to send/receive events from vdsm client [1]. Initially we thought that
having [2] would be enough to support notification between engine and
vdsm. Now we know we need it for [1].

I would like to collect potential use cases from mom, hosted engine
and others so we could design the api to enable them.

As part of the work I would like to see whether there is a need to
have global event topic or have name convention and use more granular
queues.

Do we have any use cases to subscribe to additional topic(s) during
life time of a client or subscription during instantiation is good
enough.

Thanks,
Piotr

[1] https://github.com/oVirt/vdsm/blob/master/lib/vdsmclient/client.py