[ovirt-devel] Toward self-configuring CI, or how can we stop writing YAML

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 13:20:45 UTC 2017

On 10 January 2017 at 14:33, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
<ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:31:50AM +0200, Barak Korren wrote:
>> I suggest we make the platform suffix explicitly required (with a
>> compatibility fall-back, see below), so that to have 'check_patch' run
>> on Fedora 25 for x86_64, one will have to have a
>> 'check_patch.sh.fc25.x86_64' script (or symlink) in the automation
>> directory.
>
> I'd suggest a directory per platform. That way you can simply symlink
> f25 to f24 and copy all the checks.

I'm guessing this suggestion is in order to avoid having too many
symlinks. It seems to me this may not be needed if we keep the
existing logic for finding *.packages and *.repos files. Consider the
following automation dir content:

check_patch.sh
check_patch.packages
check_patch.sh.fc24 -> check_patch.sh
check_patch.sh.fc25 -> check_patch.sh

So same checks running on el7, fc25, fc25, with the same packages and
with no much duplication and not too many symlinks. Am I missing
something?

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com