[ovirt-devel] Toward self-configuring CI, or how can we stop writing YAML

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 13:51:59 UTC 2017

On 10 January 2017 at 15:32, Martin Sivak <msivak at redhat.com> wrote:
> This is on topic. We can (and should) take inspiration in how others
> are doing it or we will be repeating the mistakes again and again.
>
> Travis automation notices pushes to all branches and then uses
> conditional checks to decide if anything needs to be done. We should
> do the same and put all that to the automation directory. Including
> patch testing, building, platforms and publishing.

I still stand behind my assertion that Travis does not do integration.
I'll try to clarify what I mean by that. The thing is that Travis
always looks at a single repo. AFAIK it never tries to look across
different repositories and compose them together to create a final
product. You can of-course rig things together so that this sort of
happens - you make it upload the artifacts somewhere and then trigger
something else to do the composite test.

The thing about specifying the oVirt releases in a test file is that
this can lead to weird edge cases. Suppose for example we have the
same text file in two branches, specifying the same oVirt releases?
I'd like the specification to at least guarantee that an oVirt release
can take builds from at most one branch.

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com
RHCE, RHCi, RHV-DevOps Team