[ovirt-devel] PatternFly upgrade - how to handle JS dependencies

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 17:48:28 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----

Sven, you are correct.

Today, `patternfly1` is needed at Engine RPM install-time (via Requires)
and as Engine devel. env. pre-requisite.

It's not needed at Engine RPM build-time (no BuildRequires). Apologies
for confusion. I realized it after I sent my mail..

> if that is correct and your new "ovirt-patternfly" would superseed that
> I'm afraid you would violate fedora and rhel/centos package guidelines
> by throwing this all together in one package?

The newly proposed package should be oVirt-specific, for oVirt by oVirt.
It's not meant to be a general-purpose RPM containing PatternFly stuff.

Is it a violation of Fedora pkg guidelines if a project creates its own
package, bundling 3rd party dependencies?