[ovirt-devel] PatternFly upgrade - how to handle JS dependencies

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 16:00:36 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----

I know, I just wanted to suggest the future change.

Having `patternfly3` right now allows us to experiment with upgrading
the PatternFly version in GWT UI so for the moment, I'm OK with that.

> I think it should have 'js' in the name somewhere.

OK, this is Martin's suggestion actually =) ovirt-js-dependencies.

> > > However, we want to move it to our ovirt infra because copr sometimes
> > goes
> > > down, and that breaks CI jobs.
> >
> > If we really want to do that, maybe we should add a new project
> > into releng-tools repo. The project would be at
> >
> >   releng-tools/specs/ovirt-engine-ui-dependencies
> >
> > containing package.json and build script that downloads JS dep's
> > and then packages all JS stuff as RPM.
> >
> > (Basically a very similar build process as with nodejs-modules.)
> >

> Sure, that sounds good. Let me verify with infra where it should go.

Thanks.

Note that I'm totally OK with Copr too. But having an RPM built by
oVirt infra (with JS dependencies fetched in a way consistent with
e.g. nodejs-modules) indeed seems as the more correct approach.