[ovirt-devel] [Node.js] moving from npm to Yarn & how it impacts oVirt JS applications

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 17:04:03 UTC 2017

Hello guys,

as you probably know, we're using Node.js (ovirt-engine-nodejs) to build
some of our applications, including ovirt-engine-dashboard, ovirt-web-ui,
cockpit-ovirt, and some others.

This is just to inform you that in ovirt-engine-nodejs-modules (RPM that
bundles all of our JS dependencies), we're moving from npm to Yarn.

The related patch is here: https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/69934/

nodejs-modules 1.0.0 will bump all dependencies to their latest version,
plus add version locking.

To prepare for consuming nodejs-modules 1.0.0, please:

- make sure to test your applications with bumped dependencies
- once the patch is merged, you can update your BuildRequires to 1.0.0
- once we have an RPM for Yarn, you can start using it in your project

Regards,
Vojtech