[ovirt-devel] jsonrpc go client

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Jul 14 13:14:52 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Piotr Kliczewski
<piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I pushed very simple jsonrpc go client [1] which allows to talk to
> vdsm. I had a request to create it but if there are more people
> willing to use it I am happy to maintain it.
>
> Please let me know if you find any issues with it or you have any
> feature requests.

Interesting. Which use case do you see for this client?
Currently, Vdsm has very few clients: Engine, vdsm-client, mom and
hosted-engine. Too often we forget about the non-Engine ones and break
them, so I'd be happy to learn more about a 5th.

Regarding https://github.com/pkliczewski/vdsm-jsonrpc-go/blob/master/example/main.go
: programming without exceptions and try-except is a pain. don't you
need to check the retval of Subscribe and disconnect on failure?