[ovirt-devel] Question about general testing

Petr Kotas pkotas at redhat.com
Tue Jul 18 08:47:07 UTC 2017

Hi Marc,

I have been working on a development environment for the oVirt. The
environment is basically two VMs running beside together. One runs the
engine, second is a host that runs the vdsm with nested virtualization.
 I am now working on the vagrant file with orchestration to make the
environment setup easier. So if You would wait for a few more days, You
will be able to start from my setup.

As for the containers. For you to have a full test setup, you would need to
place a VM inside the container and run a nested virtualization inside.
This is what the two projects you mentioned are doing. Therefore they are
not that lightweight as you would like.

I would recommend using the VM environment, which is the simplest solution.

I will send a reply again once my environment is up.

Petr