[ovirt-devel] status update: consuming the BLOCK_THRESHOLD event from libvirt (rhbz#1181665)

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Fri Jul 21 07:09:45 UTC 2017

On 07/19/2017 12:32 PM, Barak Korren wrote:
> On 19 July 2017 at 12:44, Francesco Romani <fromani at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> 2. remove the polling completely in 4.3
>>
> This all is way beyond my level of understanding but, I wonder, is
> there a danger of events failing to be delivered?

Yes, there always is this risk, because of bugs :)
Besides that, we must pay attention on recovering. Everything else is
"just" a libvirt bug.

> Would there be benefit of keeping the polling around but reducing the
> frequency to something like once an hour?

The whole point of having a such frequent polling is to avoid that VMs
get paused because
of disk exhaustion while they run on thin-provisioned storage.
So infrequent polling is little help here, better to disable it entirely.

Bests,

--
Francesco Romani
Senior SW Eng., Virtualization R&D