[ovirt-devel] Using more specific types in code visible to GWT frontend

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Fri Jun 2 15:44:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

the part I would be worried about is that entities are also used on
the Java side of the engine. And the generic type recommendations and
guidelines say exactly the opposite for Java (declare generic, use
whatever impl you need).

It seems to me that some form of UI specific DTOs might improve the
separation and performance here. Changing all entities to use specific
types would be a HUGE patch as it would probably affect almost every
single file we have in the engine.

Or maybe: Can we use some kind of compiler extension to rewrite the
source code for the GWT side only? I would really prefer if the Java
side of out logic and DAOs was not mangled just to make GWT happier.

--
Martin Sivak
SLA / oVirt