[ovirt-devel] [ovirt-engine] Question about engine-rename

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Jun 22 14:29:06 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Tasdik Rahman <prodicus at outlook.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was going through
> https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/networking/changing-engine-hostname/
> and was going the utility command which helps to change the engine-name. I
> was wondering what the parameters
>
> --otopi-environment="OSETUP_RENAME/forceIgnoreAIAInCA=bool:'True' \
>      OVESETUP_CORE/engineStop=bool:'True' \
>      OSETUP_RENAME/confirmForceOverwrite=bool:'False'"
>
> to the positional argument —otopi-environment would mean.

They are used to set otopi's environment during initialization.
How the specific keys/values affect the utility is not officially
documented. These are the same values in the answer files.

See also:

https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/otopi/
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/engine-setup/

Best,