[ovirt-devel] AppErrors.properties merged together

Jakub Niedermertl jniederm at redhat.com
Mon Jun 26 18:08:24 UTC 2017

Hi all,

thank you all who were involved in previous patch. There is a new one [1]
merging AppErrors.properties of 'dal' project to 'frontend' project. I'd
like to ask you again to review altered translations.

Thanks
Jakub

[1]: https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/76216

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Allon Mureinik <amureini at redhat.com> wrote:

> Oh, that was stupid on my side - there are indeed several (hundred)
> properties missing, so we can't merge this test.
>
> I wonder how we should push this forward. It isn't just a technicality of
> adding entries to the properties file, we need to know what the message
> should be (which I don't, at least not for all of them).
> Unless we want to just have "TBD" there.
>
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Allon Mureinik <amureini at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Allon Mureinik <amureini at redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes
>>>
>>> please!
>>> Why do we even have these three copies?
>>> I vaguely recall an explanation that there's a "default" properties file
>>> (the backend one?), and then the others can overrie specific keys (e.g., to
>>> make the user portal simpler and remove admin complexities) -  but it
>>> doesn't seem as though the this is how it's used.

>>> Why
>>>
>>> do even have this file? For REST API/SDK errors?

>>> We've had
>>> the opposite test for quite a long time:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine/commits/0c7d7e7101142b
>>> 95bd78e76be08dbb121c0c90f7/frontend/webadmin/modules/fronten