[ovirt-devel] Vdsm dependency on GlusterFS 3.10

Milan Zamazal mzamazal at redhat.com
Fri Jun 30 11:35:13 UTC 2017

Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 11:50:37AM +0200, Milan Zamazal wrote:
>> Vdsm master depends on GlusterFS 3.10 now but that doesn't seem to be
>> available in common RHEL repos.  So what's the recommended way to
>> satisfy the dependency on RHEL hosts?
>
> If you use RHEL, you probably should also use Red Hat Gluster Storage.
> The upcoming RHGS 3.3 release will have glusterfs-3.10.x included.
>
> As an alternative, you can use the packages from the CentOS Storage SIG.

Thank you for help, I added CentOS Gluster repo as a temporary solution:

[centos-gluster310]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Gluster 3.10
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/storage/$basearch/gluster-3.10/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-SIG-Storage

Thanks,
Milan