[ovirt-devel] problem about vm in ovirt node can ping node, but cannot ping gateway or the third host in LAN

pengyixiang yxpengi386 at 163.com
Fri Jun 30 10:46:20 UTC 2017

hi, everyone

    I am a new bird in ovirt, and I transplate ovirt node to debian jessie(customed) system, it's work well now, then we create vm, use default nic1, like this:

    in vm, we ping node, it's ok;  and in node, we ping vm, it's ok too; then in node, we ping gatway or other computer in the lan, it's ok too;

but when in vm, we ping gatway or other computer in the lan, it's not ok, why is this?

>>> next is some test infomation:

1) after vm up, vnet0 is created, and use :

# brctl show ovirtmgmt

we get this:

bridge name    bridge id        STP enabled    interfaces
ovirtmgmt        8000.000c29e3037e    no        eth0
                                                                                vnet0

2) then we test network in three host in the same time

  in vm

# tcpdump -i eth0 arp

vm send request

vm not recv reply

# ping hostA

  in node(vm in)

# tcpdump -i vnet0 arp

vnet0 send request

vnet0 not recv reply

  in third host in the lan(hostA)

# tcpdump -i eth0 arp

eth0 recv request

eth0 send reply

problem like this:

why is this, do I lost some configurations ?

ovirtmgmt configuration:

vnet info:(node installed in ESXI)

Look forward to your reply

Have a nice day