[ovirt-devel] Error in setup of ovirt-engine Development Environment

shubham dubey sdubey504 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 16:30:36 UTC 2017

Hello,
I am trying to setup ovirt-engine using this link
http://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/engine-development-environment/
.
Now when I am trying these commands I am getting following error
$
postgres -c "psql -d template1 -c \"create user engine password 'engine';\""
FATAL:  -c psql -d template1 -c "create user engine password 'engine';"
requires a value

and
$postgres -c "psql -d template1 -c "create database engine \
owner engine template template0 encoding 'UTF8' lc_collate \
'en_US.UTF-8' lc_ctype 'en_US.UTF-8';\""
FATAL:  -c psql -d template1 -c "create database engine owner engine
template template0 encoding 'UTF8' lc_collate 'en_US.UTF-8' lc_ctype
'en_US.UTF-8';" requires a value

So I think the syntax given there is not right,So can anyone tell me the
correct syntax.Or maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Shubham