[ovirt-devel] Firewalld migration.

Edward Haas ehaas at redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 17:47:15 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 7:07 PM, Martin Sivak <msivak at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Clients should be made aware their custom rules are going to be obsolete
> and
> > that they should reapply them once they reinstall.
>
> Would you want to manually fix every reinstalled host? I would
> consider that very annoying. This has to be somewhat automatic if we
> want to support custom firewall rules. And although I agree the engine
> is not the right place for that, it is the only central place we have
> and from which we are starting the reinstall task.

But we do not want to support custom firewall rules, we are not a firewall
manager.
IMO, oVirt should support the hardening of its services and co-exist with
other rules.
Custom firewall settings imply one of these:
- We need to extend current firewall options.
- It needs to be implemented outside oVirt.

But if the need to support back doors is proven to be a must, then
implement them
outside the main core solution, these edge cases should not block the main
business
logic.